Collaborate with other innovative Alexa developers, improve your skills, and earn prizes!
The Amazon Alexa Developer Community Contest is a by-invitation opportunity to connect and collaborate with a thriving community of successful developers that are innovating with voice. Through the Amazon Alexa Developer Community Contest, you can help fellow developers improve their published Alexa skills, receive actionable feedback for your own skills, and earn fun prizes along the way.
Here’s how it works:
- We have invited a select group of Alexa skill developers to submit their skills to the challenge. These developers will have the option of providing feedback on other participating skills or simply receiving feedback on the skill they submit. As of October 21st at 2PM PT, we are no longer accepting skill submissions.
- We will make additional space available for developers who want to participate in the contest by providing feedback for submitted skills. These participants will be eligible to receive prizes and will be invited on October 22nd. Apply to participate in the contest as a feedback submitter, fill out this application by October 28th at 2pm PT.
- We will assign each participant 2 skills to explore and provide feedback on November 19th.
- If a challenge participant submits eligible feedback for their 2 assigned skills, they will receive a participation prize. The 4 participants with eligible feedback on the most skills will win a bonus prize!
$7,750 in prizes
Feedback Submitter Participation Prize (300)
• $20 USD Amazon.com Gift Card
Bonus Prize: Most Completed Feedback Submissions (7)
• $250 USD Amazon.com Gift Card
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Eligibility: Only participants who are explicitly invited by Amazon or Devpost, reside in the US, own an Alexa device, and who comply with eligibility requirements for the competition are eligible to participate. Please see the Official Rules for full eligibility requirements.
Important: Participants submitting feedback will be required to provide their Amazon Customer ID (CID). To find your CID, you will need to go to: https://developer.amazon.com/mycid.html In addition, the device you use to install the reviewed skills will need to be logged in to the account that corresponds with your CID. This will be used to verify installations.
Requirement for Skill Submitters:
Submit a skill to the competition page before 2pm PT on October 21, 2019 and confirm if you will give feedback on other skills.
(Submitted skills must be created by the maker who received an emailed invitation from Amazon and must include the U.S. Alexa Skill Store URL for installation).
Requirement for Participants Submitting Feedback:
Install and test the skills sent to you. Submit your skill feedback as comments on the submission pages of the skills before 2pm PT on November 19, 2019. All of your assigned skills must be reviewed and feedback submissions will be vetted for eligibility.
Important: Participants must give their Amazon Customer ID and log-in to their associated Amazon account on the device they use to test their assigned skills.
Participation Prize Criteria
(Any participant who submits eligible feedback for their two assigned skills.)
Bonus Prize Criteria
(Four participants who write the greatest number of eligible pieces of feedback for skills in the contest.)